søndag 6. oktober 2013

Photos from the Sunday-hikes

Long Lake - reminds me of Norway. Funny how it is quite a normal sight for me, but exotic and new for some friends from the Netherlands. I enjoy it a lot, though, of course, even though it's not exotic. When I'm in the city I don't always think about it, but when I get out into the forest or out by the sea I realize how much I love and need to get out of the city and into more natural areas. 



Herring's Cove - first sight of the sea for a while, it was amazing. Lots of wind and sun and waves and freedom. The trip was quite varied - first through a neighbourhood (with a bridge and a nice river), then tall cliffs (not really visible on the photos, but they were tall, maybe ten meters some places), then an area that looked more like up in the Norwegian mountains (short bushes, a few trees here and there, with a strong and wonderful smell of sun and plants), then a walk through jungle-like bushes taller than me, and then we were back in the civilization again. I've also been introduced to geocaching by Corine, a friend from the YMCA. This little bottle is from the third one we've found, the two others were at Long Lake.



Might give a slightly better impression of the heights on some of the cliffs.



William's lake - far more civilized than Long Lake (houses along one of the shores), but still a lovely place to visit. Found a frog and a skeleton. At first I thought it was a fish, but I'm not sure what the long pieces in the upper part of the picture would be on a fish..? Had a swim here, it was wonderful. Also got through some of my readings for my classes.


3 kommentarer:

  1. Very nice blog ypu have Signe! Very fun to read what you have experienced and to see your pictures!

    //Pontus

    SvarSlett
  2. Weehoo! So glad you enjoyed it :)

    SvarSlett
  3. Stemningsfulle bilder! Det så veldig mye mer sommer ut der enn hva det gjør her om dagen ;) Kult å se at du har oppdatert bloggen din igjen! Det virker som at du trives der borte over havet, og det er supert!

    SvarSlett